- The games
- Organising Committee
- Rio de Janeiro
- Take part
If you would like to apply to a position, just register your résumé in the opening. If your profile doesn’t fit any of the opened positions, wait for new openings or click here to register in our database. All opportunities are published only at www.rio2016.com website, and candidates must go through a selection process led by Rio 2016™, without any type of fees for candidates.
According to Brazilian Law, it is mandatory that the candidate hold a visa and a work permit to apply for a position at Rio 2016™.
|expandir/retrair tabela||Accreditation Operations Coordinator (Accreditation)||754907||Rio de Janeiro / Rio de Janeiro - Brasil||06/12/2013|
Reporting to the Head of Accreditation, the Operation Coordinator will lead the ACR planning process, with focus on recruitment, training, facilities and space requirements, venue operations, devices design and production, interfacing with Rio 2016 functional areas.
• University degree
• Computer Skills – Excel, Word, Power Point
• Excellent English skills
• Interest for the Games
• Portuguese skills
• Other language skills
• Analytical skills to assess information and contribute to service development initiatives
• Consultation skills in order to obtain information in respect of customer needs
• Strong ability to build and maintain working relationships with other departments
• Ability to operate in a dynamic working environment, handling multiple tasks and deadlines
• Ability to manage resources, and secure the implementation of changes and delivery outcomes to time and budget
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written
icone maisAPPLY TO POSITION
|expandir/retrair tabela||Head of Uniforms (Games Services)||754924||Rio de Janeiro / Rio de Janeiro - Brasil||06/12/2013|
Mission: To oversee the implementation of all matters related to uniforms for Olympic and Paralympic Games. To coordinate together with the client owner FAs the identification of all needs regarding uniforms and accessories. To collaborate with the entire Uniforms team in order to achieve the best possible results in terms of deadlines, costs planning and level of service.
- Responsible to coordinate all matters related to uniforms for Olympic and Paralympic Games;
- Responsible for the supervision of the design process;
- Source, review and select the appointed uniforms providers for the supply of all uniform items
- Oversee providers uniform production process and timelines
- Oversee sampling and prototype process
- Audit uniform providers through lab dips, strike offs, prototypes, and testing of all selected uniform items as well as ongoing deliverables post production
- Develop and maintain third party relationships to ensure effective delivery of the Uniform plan
- Ensure that the Uniform providers are delivering as per their agreement
- Responsible for determining the items/stocks needed and defining the quantities;
- Responsible for liaising with the supplier and guarantee the expected quality is met and an effective delivery process;
- Responsible for the general planning of the uniform distribution process inside the Uniform Distribution and Accreditation Centre (UDAC)
- Plan and manage the regional distribution at Football cities;
- Responsible for the official presentation of the Games uniform;
- Manage relationships with IOC and all other involved FAs as required;
- Build and manage an efficient team
- Planning and implementation of a post-Games uniform sale and asset disposal plan
- Ensure Uniforms deliverables are met through effective planning management
- Develop an effective Invitation process in conjunction with the Human Resource department
- Develop and implement smooth operational processes
- Develop and implement all Policies and Procedures for uniforms.
- Design concept of operations for the Uniform operations within the UDAC and at the regional locations
- Oversee the site development of the uniform distribution centre and ensure key performance indicators are achieved or coach individuals to attain maximum performance.
- Plan effective uniform warehouse solutions and implement effective inventory control systems
- Manage and update he uniforms budget for inventory, staffing and distribution
- Ensure that all projected KPIs are met in accordance with the project plan
- Previous experience within the fashion, clothing and/or textiles industry
- Previous experience with large scale uniform roll outs
- Previous experience in Olympic and Paralympic Games advantageous
- Previous experience with large format event operations advantageous
- Previous experience in logistics solutions advantageous
- Previous experience in working with large uniform roll outs or complex projects to time, quality and within budget
• Bachelor degree from accredited university or equivalent experience.
• English language certification (written and spoken) or demonstrable high-level of proficiency;
- Strong IT skills – to include Word, Excel, MS project and Inventory Management tools
- Some experience in supply chain & logistics management including inventory tracking systems is advantageous
- Proven experience in managing subordinates in operations and best practices.
- Experience with contractors such as contracted uniform suppliers and inventory system providers
Required skills and experience
- Solid skills in problem analysis and resolution
- Ability to work well as part of a team as well as independently
- Proven international experience
- Ability to work and interact with people at different levels.
- Capability to lead a multicultural team
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong leadership skills
- Analytical and methodical in your approach to problems
- Proven experience of systems management/IT skills
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Strong Presentation skills with the ability to engage and present up to Board level
- Experience in managing an operational delivery team
- Previous experience of multi-sport games environment is advantageous.
- A degree level or equivalent professional qualification in a discipline relevant to the post
- Maintains highly professional standards and can demonstrate excellence in delivery
- Strategic thinking to deliver on business objectives
- Strong Customer service ethos
- Excellent leadership skills
- Strong Communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels.
- Displays high level of integrity and commitment, loyal and self motivated with pro-active approach
- Ability to work flexibly and as key team player
- Ability to integrate multiple providers to achieve results
- Ability to think “outside the box”
- Professional in demeanor and appearance
- Detail Oriented
- Issue Resolution
- Proven ability to handle and organize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Good stress management skills
- Able to work additional hours as required
- Flexibility in approach to work
icone maisAPPLY TO POSITION
|expandir/retrair tabela||Cluster Venue Technology Manager (Games Technology)||750611||Rio de Janeiro / Rio de Janeiro - Brasil||06/05/2013|
The Cluster VTM is responsible for leading the overall project management and the delivery of the technology required to support the operation of some venues (cluster). This includes systems, telecoms, results and audio/video components. The Cluster VTM works closely with other functional areas in the venue to ensure the services required by Technology, (for example, technology spaces, power and cooling) are captured and delivered as required.
Background and job purpose:
Technology is critical to the success of the Games. It underpins most Functional Areas in all aspects of the Games operation: from field- of- play to back-of-house in all venues..
The role-holder will work across a small number of competition or non-competition venues and underneath the Venue Technology Services Manager.
This role may therefore include operationally manageing several outsourced relationships. In the run up to and during Games-time, outsource partner staff will work under the operational leadership of the Cluster VTM supported by Venue Technology Managers (VTMs) in their zone area who in addition to functional reporting lines will also report to the overall Venue Manager.
Cluster VTMs will initially support the delivery of Model Venue Exercise and Test Events in competition venues and planning of non-competition venues. Cluster VTM will have responsibility for more than one venue (the number will depend on the area he/she will be responsible).
During planning and delivery phases you will:
•Support the technology venue planning for your specific venue(s) for Test Events, Olympic and Paralympic events.
•Liaise with other functional areas during and post venue planning to ensure their requirements for your the related venue(s) are understood and accommodated within the constraints of the project.
•Work closely with the Technology Equipment Asset team to refine equipment allocation requirements and develop the allocation, CAD layouts, management and recovery plans for each venue for Test Events, Olympic and Paralympic events.
•Work with the VTS Manager to prioritize work, develop and maintain an overall program of works for the assigned venue(s) that gives a venue specific integrated view of the delivery of all technology workstreams and partners for Test Events, Olympic Games, as appropriate transition to the Paralympic Games and post games bump out and recovery.
•Initiate and track corrective action for any slippage or change in scope of venue implementation, transition and retrofit project plans.
•Identify areas of risk and develop contingency delivery plans at your assigned venues.
For test and operational phases you will:
•Ensure the technology systems are deployed and tested to meet requirements.
•Acting as the senior point of contact within the venue for escalation and resolution of technology related issues in close cooperation with the venue management team, Technology Partners, Technology Operation Centre and other venue stakeholders.
Throughout all phases you will:
•Be supportive of a tight budget and so demonstrate a rigorous design-to-cost approach that nevertheless supports effective and efficient venue operations.
•Work closely with the Technology Program Office to update the master technology plan and proactively access and manage related risks, escalating urgent issues for resolution as required.
•Be flexible to deal with changing requirements in a dynamic environment undertaking any further duties as required.
Key knowledge, experience and qualifications required:
The role holder should have the following:
•Have gained some work experience in games environment.
•Have a high level of enthusiasm and a willingness and ability to learn ‘on the job’.
•Be a self-starter – not afraid to challenge the norm or provide innovative solutions to our daily challenges.
•Be familiar with the fundamental building blocks of IT, telecoms or AV technology systems.
•Some experience of planning, communicating and implementing assigned tasks to agreed standards and timescales.
•Understand the importance of monitoring and reporting to managers and partners.
•Have aA basic understanding and experience of prioritizing tasks and identifying and proactively assessing and managing related risks.
•Has eExperience of working in team situations, liaising with others and driving performance to collectively achieve successful results.
•Understand the importance of delivering great technology services to clients on time and on budget.
icone maisAPPLY TO POSITION
|expandir/retrair tabela||Sport Leader Competion - Selection Process||746897||Rio de Janeiro / Rio de Janeiro - Brasil||05/28/2013|
Rio 2016™ created a Selection Process for the Sports Competitions Leaders to choose qualified professionals for acting, eventually, in the planning and operation of technical requirements of the sports / disciplines included in the Sports Program of the Olympic and Paralympic Games Rio 2016 ™.
Rio 2016 ™ has as one of its pillars transformation through sport, and considering that, one of the goals of the selection process is to develop and train the Brazilian market in sports competitions management. Thus, is a nationwide process that aims to identify a total of 25 (twenty five) professionals under the following assumptions:
a) Each sport will have a corresponding professional.
b) Each Olympic sport, with an equivalent in the Paralympics and which is played in the same competition venue, will only have one corresponding professional. Example: Volleyball
c) There will be 11 professionals assigned to sports in total, as shown in the table below:
Athletics (Olympic and Paralympic) - 1
Football - 1
Football 5-a-side -1
Golf - 1
Handball - 1
Wrestling - 1
Rowing (Olympic and Paralympic) - 1
Rugby - 1
Wheelchair Rugby - 1
Taekwondo - 1
Triathlon (Olympic and Paralympic) - 1
d) Additionally, sports that have more than one discipline, to be played in different competition venues, will have a professional for each discipline. Example: Cycling - BMX, Road, Track and Mountain Bike.
e) There will be another fourteen (14) professionals assigned to different disciplines, as shown below:
Sports Disciplines Vacancy
Athletics - (Marathon and Race Walking) - 2
Cycling - (Olympic and Paralympic) - (Mountain Bike, Road, BMX) - 3
Aquatics - (Swimming, Marathon Swimming, Water Polo and Diving) - 4
Gymnastics (Artistic and Trampoline) - 2
Equestrian (Olympic and Paralympic) - (Jumping and Dressage) - 2
Volleyball (Beach Volleyball) - 1
The selected professionals will sign a services provision contract with Rio 2016 ™, foreseeing the financial conditions and activities to be performed during the term hereof. The professionals will be financially compensated in the form of per diem for their participation, in addition all the costs related to their activities (flight ticket, accommodation, meals, etc.) will be paid by the Rio 2016™.
The services provision contract to be signed with Rio 2016™ will begin its term in the hiring month planned for each discipline (according to schedule below) and it comprises activities such as: observing national and international competitions , to interact with International Federations of Olympic and Paralympic sports, meetings at the headquarters of Rio 2016 ™, to participate in discussions related to the overall planning of Rio 2016 ™, among other activities. The calls, defining actions and monitoring activities will be in charge of Rio 2016 ™.
During the term of the services provision contract, the professional can remain at his/her current employment, if any, since that doesn’t interfere with the availability to participate in specific activities defined by Rio 2016 ™, during a period not longer than fourteen (14) calendar days.
After the end of the contract term signed with Rio 2016 ™, professionals may eventually be considered to join the entity as part of the staff. Any future hiring of these professionals will be evaluated and determined exclusively by Rio 2016 ™.
In this case, professionals who maintain residency outside Rio de Janeiro will be asked to move to the city, where the headquarters are located. The eventual hiring by Rio 2016 ™ will imply the need for immediate suspension of any previous employment. In case of public officials or people in public functions, the professional will be responsible for taking the necessary legal actions for their suspension, according to legal provisions in the legislation.
The timeline for the selection process to be followed by all candidates is described below:
1 Filling the online registration, taking the English test and submitting the resume
2 Presenting technical and behavioral interview
3 Final interview
4 Communication to the selected candidates
At the end of each stage, Rio 2016 ™ will send a statement to each candidate with feedback on the process.
The technical, behavioral and final interviews will be conducted via Skype.
February and March:
- Beach Volleyball
- Road Cycling
April and May:
- Marathon Swimming
- Artistic Gymnastics
- Trampoline Gymnastics
- Water Polo
- Football 5-a-side
- Cycling - Mountain Bike
- Cycling - BMX
- Race Walking
June and July:
- Wheelchair Rugby
- Equestrian - Jumping
- Equestrian – Dressage
Candidates must demonstrate sufficient knowledge and experience to perform the following activities according to the sports / disciplines during the selection process:
• To plan demands and to elaborate a list of equipment needed for activities related to training and sport competitions;
• To establish a closely and directly relationship with Technical Delegates of Olympic and Paralympic International Federations, with the purpose of sharing information on issues related to the organization of the competition;
• To provide on specific information of the corresponding sport / discipline to the different functional areas within Rio 2016 ™, to ensure the proper planning and operation of the training and competition venues;
• To establish a closely relationship with the various functional areas within Rio 2016 ™, with the objective to plan, organize and lead the Test Event for the corresponding sport / discipline, as well as to ensure the coordinated delivery of support services such as accreditation, security, transportation, medical assistance, media, volunteers, among others;
• To participate in the development of policies and procedures for the corresponding sport / discipline, together with the Sport Policy and Operations functional area;
• To establish a relationship with the International Federations / International Paralympic Sport Federation during the Congress and / or World Championships;
• To keep the planning of the corresponding sport / discipline up-to-date for evaluation of the International Olympic Committee’s Coordination Comission (CoCom), during its visits to Rio de Janeiro, as well as during the Project Review Meetings for the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and International Paralympic Committee (IPC), as for the IOC and IPC Sport Departments, whenever requested;
• To develop technical content for publications (e.g., Technical Manual) and monitor the development of other publications (e.g., specific forms) related to the corresponding sport / discipline, with the aim of ensuring their quality;
• To monitor official competition calendar updates for the corresponding sport / discipline;
• To plan the technical visits program of the Olympic and Paralympic International Federations, mainly in regard to training and competition venues visits, as well as to elaborate a list of issues to be discussed with the various functional areas within Rio 2016 ™, with the aim to meet the demands of the Olympic and Paralympic International Federations;
• To act as focal point for any technical issue that may affect the trainings and competitions of the corresponding sport / discipline;
• To plan, develop and validate the training program at Games Time for the corresponding sport / discipline, together with the Olympic and Paralympic International Federations;
• To ensure that information regarding the planning of functional classification that applies to the corresponding Paralympic sport / discipline, is properly collected and registered, in order to maintain current and accurate information;
• To participate and contribute for the elaboration of the planning processes, structure definition, hiring, training and major demands regarding all personnel / staff who will be involved in the Test Event for the corresponding sport / discipline at Games Time.
• To establish a relationship with the Brazilian Confederations in order to contribute in the selection and training of the National Technical Officials;
• To plan and develop the schedule (minute-by-minute) of each competition, considering the days for the preparation and assemblage of the venue, the competition days and the period of removal and / or transition from one sport to another, ensuring excellence in terms of time, costs and quality;
• To maintain a closely relationship with the Facilities Management team, in order to assist in the assemblage of the operational plans at the sport venue, ensuring that all technical requirements are met.
Experience in planning, organization, operation and management of international events of the correspondingsport / discipline for which will be responsible.
Desirable degrees in: Physical Education, Sports Management, Business Management or related.
Masters or PhD degree desirable in sports management.
• MS Office Package
• Fluent English
• Spanish desirable
• French desirable
• Organization of sports events
Skills and attitudes
• Systemic vision
• Conflict management
• Planning capacity
icone maisAPPLY TO POSITION